COVID-19 Office Update
We hope that this email will find you and your family in good health. Our countries and the world have been through a lot in the last few months. Things may never return to the way they were before the Covid 19 crisis. But the world cannot stay on lockdown forever. One thing do remain constant is our commitment to keep our staff and our patients safe.
New information regarding COVID 19 and the phasing back into Dentistry was announced by the county of San Diego on May 10, 2020. Further supported by an announcement by the California department of public health provides providers with a roadmap to begin elective surgeries and appointments providing the offices and providers have a plan and proper PPE in order to resume services to their patients.
With this announcement, Apple Dental will begin accepting appointments back in Phases to ensure proper distancing can be established for the safety of the patients and the team. We will reach out to reschedule all patients who had their appointment canceled in March through May.
Beginning the week of May 26th, our modified schedule will be as follows:
May – Tuesday and Friday- 10AM to 6PM
June- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday – 10AM to 6PM
July- Monday through Thursday- Friday by appointment only
Our guidelines and new office policies are as follows:
- All families (one per child) will be required to fill out a COVID 19 questionnaire that can be found on our website at www.appledentalsandiego.com prior to being seen in the office. IF you do not have access to a computer , we will provide this form upon arrival.
- Please have your documents for any updated information regarding medical history and health information be ready ahead of time. An email is requested so that we can communicate with you more efficiently
- All patients MUST wear a face covering while in the office.
- A team member will greet you at the door and take a pre-appointment temperature reading upon arrival. Temperatures of over 100.4 will be asked to reschedule.
- To ensure proper distancing takes place, only the treating patient is to enter the facility, no companion is allowed.
- For minor, only one parent can accompany the child who is receiving treatment in the office for the duration of their appointment. We kindly ask that parents and remaining siblings wait in their vehicles during their child’s appointment. At the end of your child’s visit, the same team member will bring your child back to your vehicle. Any further treatment recommendations or questions will be addressed at this time
- Apple Dental will allow for a periodic exam to be performed on patients that have had areas of concern in the past or have current issues that may need to be addressed.
- Patients with restorative dental needs, pain, and potential infection will be seen.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions that you may have about the steps that we take to keep you and every patient safe. To make an appointment, please call our office at 619-236-9549 or request via email through our website at www.appledentalsandiego.com
Thank you for being our patient as well as your understanding and ongoing support during this time of uncertainty. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcome you all back.
For California Department of Public Health announcement go to: